Monday 1 January 2018

My "Boring" Goals For 2018

Now that I've gotten the big guns out of the way with my more Adventurous Goals, I still wanted to do a more realistic post. I always enjoy looking back during the year to see what I've accomplished. Here's the link to last years one: My Goals For 2017.



1. One Second Everyday

I've been using 1SE for a few months now and I'm really enjoying it (post to come) it's so easy using an app to document my day.

2. Dye My Hair

I've been battling with hair colours for a while now, I know lots of people like my hair the way it is. And I do too. But I'm bored. My hair seems to be losing some of it's shine because of the bleach, and I've had blonde in my hair for about two and a half years, so I want to give it a break.

I recently did some polls between getting a temporary colour (dark brown into purple ombré), or a new permanent colour; a coppery brown. I think everyone really liked the idea of the latter, and I do think I'll be going down this route.

3. Blogging

Of course I'm going to continue blogging, I don't have a set schedule and that suits my lifestyle at the moment. I would love to start working with companies and brands on blog posts, I've been invited to events this year and it's been absolutely amazing. I feel like people are starting to take me serious as a blogger, and I get regular people in real life taking interest in my posts as well.

4. Move Into My Dad's

Up until recently, my Mum's house was my base for the past eight years. My mum very fortunately has moved in with her boyfriend and I didn't want to live with a stranger or on my own. So, next year I am moving in with my Dad. I'm very excited about this, and it will mean I have a bit more control in my life. Rather than travelling between my Mum's, Dad's and my Boyfriends. It'll just be my Dad's and Boyfriend's.

5. Get A Routine

Number 4 and 5 sort of come hand in hand. I need more routine in my life, I'm not fortunate to have an exact routine everyday but I'm going to make one. This would entail morning and evening beauty regimes, as I need to put more effort into my appearance and to look after myself. 

Also, I didn't want to make exercise a massive goal, so I'll tie it in here. I signed up to the gym a while ago and need to stick to going on a regular basis.

6. Spending/Saving

I know I say this every year, but I need to do something about getting some savings together. As a graduate, I now need to start looking seriously at my future. Spending comes into play here because I do have a spending problem that has diminished any chance of some £££'s in my bank account. 

I've been using this artificial intelligence called Cleo. Which I communicate with through Facebook Messenger. It can be a bit naggy, and sometimes it's easier to ignore them. But, when you use them to their fullest they can be very insightful! You can sign up with them here.*

7. Get Another Piercing 

This was on my 2015 goals back in the day. I had been using clip on ear cuffs on the tops of my right ear and decided that I liked it and wanted a piercing there. I've been putting it off because of my anxiety issues, but I've conquered a lot of my issues with needles over the past few years so I might be ready.

8. TV/Film Experience

I don't want to be too advantageous and say that I want a job in TV/Film. So I thought that it'd be a better goal to say I wanted to get more experience. This can be by getting short term contracts (hopefully paid). 

9. Be More Charitable

When I often see people raising money for charities and projects I always try to donate. However, I want to do more. I hope to one day be able to approach a homeless person and start a conversation. Usually when I see them I'm on my way somewhere, but I want to ask what food they might want me to get for them. I've heard so much about not giving them money in case it fuels any addictions, so I love the idea of necessities like food and clothing.

I also try to donate as much unwanted items and clothing to charity shops, but I'd love to donate to food banks and collections as well.

There was a lovely cause this Christmas by Crisis, whereby you donate £26.08 (to reserve one place) and they would be able to take in a homeless person for Christmas. 

10. Learn More

I feel since I've come out of education I'm not learning very much anymore. I want to go out of my way to educate myself on certain software, perhaps another language and about the world we live in.

-

Well isn't ten a nice little round number! For these goals I don't want to add pressure, but these are things I would like to improve on or achieve next year. 

Let me know if you have any 'smaller' goals for 2018 in the comments.

Have a fabulous year!

Love Saffron x

*by signing up with this link and we will both get £5 for referring you
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Saving more is definitely a top priority for me this year! I find it so difficult, but will be so proud of myself if I can accomplish it.

    Shann Eileen | www.shanneileen.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I feel like it's such an important thing that we forget or neglect! I wish you luck, you can do this!

      Saffron x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig